1. Go to http://www.forticlient.com/downloads
and click the “Download” button for your OS.
2. Once the file is downloaded, open it. The install process will begin. Be sure to accept the license agreement so you can continue.
3. Make sure the setup type ONLY has “Security Fabric Agent” and “Secure Remote Access” checked off.
4. Click “Next” until the program finishes installing.
5. Open FortiClient by double-clicking the icon that appeared on your desktop.
6. When the FortiClient window opens, click on the “Remote Access” tab on the left-hand side of the window.
7. Click “Configure VPN”
8. Fill out the text fields with the following information, then click “Apply”.
Connection Name: appcvpn
Description: APPC VPN (optional)
Remote Gateway: vpn.appc.upenn.edu
9. To connect to the VPN, use your Windows login credentials, then click “Connect”.